"Without teamwork, you will never survive. Without betrayal, you’ll never win."
Cutthroat Caverns is played over 9 rounds, each with a random encounter. Essentially a game of 'kill stealing'. Each round, any monster encountered will have a prestige value of 1 through 6. The player that successfully jockeys for position and lands the killing blow gets the prestige value for the encounter. Some encounters will not have a specific monster, such as a trap room for the heroes to pass through (and in this case, earning no prestige). The surviving player with the most prestige after the 9 encounters is the winner. If the players do not survive all 9 encounters, no one wins the game.
A unique combination of cooperative game play and opportunistic backstabbing.
- 2007 Dice Tower Awards: Most Innovative Game, Winner
- 2007 Dice Tower Awards: Best Small Publisher Game, Winner
- 2007 Origins Awards: Best Card Game, Nominee
- 2007 The Platinum Pawn Awards: Best Game of the Year, Winner
- 2007 About.Com Top 10 Card Games of 2007: Number 6